In her new hit "Cornelia Street," Taylor Swift sings on the beloved New York street, where she once rented an apartment. The song seems to be a nod to the early days of his relationship with Joe Alwyn. While looking at those memories, the 10-time Grammy winner sings that "I would never walk down Cornelia Street" if they ever separated.

However, it seems that the man who rented the Greenwich Village apartment did not even know who the artist was when he showed interest in the apartment.



"I'm afraid to tell you this, but I'll tell you this: I really didn't know her," David Aldea, a former Soho House executive, told Vulture in an interview published Wednesday. "I'm just not a pop culture guy, and I even told someone: 'I know someone named Taylor Swift who wants to rent my house.' Now, keep in mind that I knew his songs because I had them on my playlist. I just didn't match the name of the song. I know, it's silly. "


Of course, he soon realized that he was dealing with a pop superstar. Then he showed Swift the apartment, and the "Lover" star knew he was the one.

"He came in and I will never forget him. He said: 'Oooh, he's very clever,'" he recalls in the store. "And in speaking Taylor, that means' I like everything '. He asked me if I could rent not only the house but also my style. So, towels, plates, glassware and furniture and something like' Take your clothes and go. I did so. It was a pleasure dealing with her. "

In fact, Aldea has collected several references to specific places within a 5,500 square foot townhouse. For example, in a moment, Swift remembers sitting on the roof.

"He was probably talking about the outer space of his main room because he had that set up as a kind of outdoor living room," he says. "And there is artificial grass on the ground and stuff, so it felt like you were outside but inside, and there was a fireplace outside. It was very, very private."